Anwar al-Awlaki dead.
I know, we’re not supposed to speak ill of the dead, nor delight in death.
And honestly, I’m not delighted.
I’m not “happy” nor “glad”.
He advocated making war against the innocent. Targeting civilians. Terrorism 101.
And to any Muslim out there who mourns his death, you should be ashamed of yourself, and what monsters like al-Awlaki are doing to your religion. They advocate the killing of innocents, and use your holiest of works to defend what they do. People like al-Awlaki are the reason that people who have no knowledge of Islam fear Muslims.
When a Christian advocates anything un-Christian, we don’t all gather together and say, “Youre only persecuting him because he’s Christian!” We look at the words being said by that person, and compare it to the words of Christ, and if they don’t match up, we distance ourselves.
Muslims the world over should do the same.
A monster has been slain.
- Al-Qaeda mastermind Anwar al-Awlaki killed (mirror.co.uk)
- Al-Qaida cleric Anwar al-Awlaki is dead, says Yemen (guardian.co.uk)
- What Does the Death of Anwar al-Awlaki Actually Mean (bigthink.com)
- Anwar al-Awlaki, US-Born Muslim Cleric, Killed In Yemen, Officials Say (huffingtonpost.com)
- Yemen: Terror suspect Anwar al-Awlaki killed – CBS News (news.google.com)